40' Ta Shing Baba Pilothouse "WHISPER" 1982
|Engine:||Single Lugger Diesel 64HP (2500 hrs)|
The vessel sleeps five; four in comfortable berths in the forward and master staterooms and one on the quarter berth aft of the chart table in the pilothouse. Starting forward, there is a divided chain locker. Large V-berth in the forward stateroom, with filler cushion. There are two hanging lockers with one row of drawers and one drawer under the V-berth. A double berth is located in port stateroom with hanging locker & seat at forward end of berth. There are two large drawers under the double berth and three smaller drawers under the vanity next to the double berth. Opposite the port stateroom is an enclosed head with separate shower stall. The counter in the head is marble with built-in stainless steel sink. Outboard are mirrored lockers plus a teak mirrored medicine locker mounted over the head and three brass towel racks. The raised salon area has a large U-shaped settee/table to port. Leather pilot seat and steering station to starboard. There is excellent visibility over the bow from both inside and outside steering stations. Aft of the steering station is a stand-up chart table with quarter berth aft of the chart table. There is a large storage area located under the chart table plus additional storage under the companionway steps. A 22" deep file drawer on drawer slides is also under the quarter berth with safety latches for underway. Aft of the port side is the galley area. Port and starboard cabin windows have pleated fold down "shipshades" window covers. All lockers have teak louvered doors. All interior bulkheads are finished with solid teak staving and all locker/door frames are of laminated teak. There are teak fishing pole holders mounted under the port side overhead of the main salon with a teak overhead grab rail mounted to the starboard overhead in aisle. The hull sides at all berth and open areas are covered with spruce battens. The overhead in the yacht has solid spruce staving between laminated overhead beams. All teak is satin varnished with a teak and spruce cabin sole with built-in dust bin. Contoured seat cushions with "off white" color cushion covers. The teak salon table has a starburst insert pattern. Teak grate at the bottom of the companionway stairs. All hatches have teak-framed screens. The screens are removable for cleaning. The ports have plastic framed screens and the companionway has a center opening teak-framed screen door for easy entry and exit. Lots of light for a bright and airy cabin.
- U-shaped galley.
- Large opening port for ventilation.
- Two large windows for light.
- Large icebox with four inches of foam insulation.
- Adler-Barber 12v. Three-tray "Cold Machine" refrigeration system with 12v DC compressor.
- Four large drawers inboard of the icebox.
- Stove well-lined with stainless steel with locker under (outboard).
- Force 10 4-burner stainless steel propane stove with oven, broiler and smoke glass face on oven door.
- Formica counter with two rows of drawers and two deep double stainless steel sinks plus additional bin area (aft of stove).
- Lockers mounted above counters (outboard).
- Dorade vent above galley rigged with exhaust fan for extraction of cooking odors.
- Spectra 8.0 gph watermaker(1 amp/gal), currently uninstalled.
- Waterfixer UV water purifier with dual water filters.
- 10 gal water heater.
- Propane safety switch/ monitor and two 10-lb. propane bottles.
- Force 10 barbecue on stern rail with removable connection to cockpit propane bottles.
Electronics & Navigation
- Alpha Marine Systems Model 3000 autopilot with control stations at inside and outside steering stations plus hand-held remote controls. The autopilot has a new drive unit and new spare master computer.
- SGC single Side Band Radio (1999).
- SGC tuner (2000) with backstay antenna and modem.
- Connections and software to PC for Weatherfax for Windows.
- Interphase Probe forward looking scanning sonar.
- Datamarine International Offshore Depth Sounder, Knotmeter/log & Windspeed & Direction mounted at inside & outside steering stations plus depth sounder repeater, knotmeter/ log and wind speed/ direction instruments mounted on pods at the pedestal and on aft end of pilothouse.
- Night light panel/distance log unit mounted at inside steering station.
- 24 nm Furuno 1731 CRT Radar with radome mounted on mast (new 2000).
- ICOM M59 VHF radio (1998) with external speaker mounted in cockpit.
- Raytheon NAV 298 GPS with modem and connections for feed to PC for Marine Map electronic charts.
- Garmin GPSMAP 175 (2000) and cockpit mount with 12v hard wiring.
- Kenwood AM/FM Stereo Cassette player (1997) with 8-CD changer also switchable to cockpit speaker.
- Danforth "Constellation" 6" compass with 5 degree card, on pedestal in the cockpit.
- Ritchie 4" compass mounted at inside steering station.
- 5 1/2" Brass Chelsea Shipstrike clock and barometer.
- Remote controlled directional TV antenna mounted on mast.
- Yacht wired for 120 volts AC with outlets mounted throughout.
- Master AC/DC electrical panel with four volt/amp meters and circuit breakers for all electrical circuits.
- Master 4-position battery switch.
- All chain plates, tanks, sea cocks, deck fill plates, engine, rudder fittings and stern tube bonded to the vessel's bonding system.
- One large zinc, mounted in the hull at the stern of the yacht, connected to the vessel's bonding system.
- Six 6-volt,(740 amp hours) golf cart deep cycle batteries for main house circuits (2000) plus 2 Optima dry cell (1000 cold crank amps) for engine starting batteries.
- Incharge alternator regulator.
- West Marine Battery Combiner.
- 130 amp alternator mounted on the main engine plus spare 130 amp alternator.
- Heart 2500 inverter/charger and Heart Link 2000 inverter for monitoring the batteries.
- Spare battery charger.
- Large circuit breaker for electric windlass.
- Two 12 volt DC windshield wipers.
- Five 2-amp Uni-solar flexible solar panels with dedicated Flex-charge controller and five-panel conjunction box with power cord.
- Special storage racks under cabin sole for solar panel storage.
- Wiring for Four Winds 15 amp water generator connected to flex-charge connector.
- 50' 30-amp shore power cord.
- Four 12 volt DC bulkhead lights.
- Eleven dome lights.
- Two chart table lights.
- Three fluorescent lights.
- Red night lights mounted at cabin sole level.
- Masthead anchor light and strobe light.
- 20 point running light mounted on the mast.
- Two deck lights mounted under the spreaders.
Sails & Rigging
- Kenyon aluminum mast and boom painted in 1999.
- USA-supplied standing rigging new in 1999.
- North/Harkin furling unit in the jib forestay.
- Roller bearing mainsheet traveler with end controls.
- Quick release on the inner forestay.
- Rope halyards and sheet lines.
- Blue zippered UK Lazy Cradle mainsail cover with integrated lazy jacks.
- Blue ready bag for the staysail with vent on bottom.
- Full battened mainsail w/ three rows of reef (Lee).
- Staysail (Lee).
- Furling 130% Genoa with white UV cover (North).
- Red, White & Blue colored Gennaker flying sail (North).
- Furling 90% Yankee (Schattauer).
- Storm Staysail (North).
- Lewmar winches: Primary (2) #48 2-speed ST.
- Headsail furling #30 1-speed ST.
- Main sheet #40 2-speed ST.
- Main halyard #30 1-speed ST.
- Genoa halyard #30 1-speed ST.
- Staysail halyard #30 1-speed ST.
- Reefing #16 2-speed ST.
- Four winch handles.
Deck & Hull
- Deck Equipment
- Side-Power 75T bow thruster (2004), to be wired.
- Double stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with double lifelines and opening gates port and starboard.
- Laminated bowsprit with teak grate and double anchor rollers.
- Teak overlay on the bulwarks.
- Six hawse fairleads with six deck cleats.
- Three teak opening hatches mounted on top of the pilothouse and two teak opening hatches mounted over the forward staterooms.
- Seven bronze opening ports mounted in the cabin sides.
- Two large round opening ports with stainless steel finishing rings mounted in the aft outside corners ends of the pilothouse.
- Two teak dorade boxes with stainless steel cowl vents.
- 12-volt galley exhaust fan built in dorade box.
- Stainless steel 12 volt mushroom fan vent over the head area.
- Two deck prisms.
- Molded-in propane box for two propane tanks with drain.
- Stainless steel boom crutch.
- Boat hook.
- Stainless pedestal guard with custom folding teak cockpit table.
- Teak cockpit grates.
- Teak sea hatches.
- Stainless steel dinghy davits.
- Freshwater anchor wash-down (pump new 2003).
- Fishing pole holder mounted on stern pulpit.
- Folding emergency ladder with water level release mounted on stern pulpit.
- Ground tackle includes: Simpson-Lawrence "Sea Wolf" 12 volt DC electric anchor windlass mounted on bowspirt with combo chain/rope wildcat.
- 45 lb. CQR anchor w/ 230' of 5/16" hi-test chain and 200' 5/8" braided nylon line stowed in bow anchor locker.
- 60 lb. CQR anchor with 50' of 3/8" chain stowed stowed in bow anchor locker and 600' of braided 3/4" nylon line stowed in lazerette for heavy sea conditions or sea anchor and easily fed to the 60 lb. CQR on bow roller.
- FX-23 (15 lb) Fortress anchor stowed in stern lazerette for stern anchor.
- FX-37 (20 lb.) Fortress folded and stowed in bilge.
- Laminated emergency tiller.
- Hydrovane self-steering windvane with separate rudder usable as emergency rudder.
- Two gimballed captain chairs with padded seats (2004) mounted in the aft corners of cockpit, allowing comfortable cruising and viewing over the pilothouse.
- Custom teak outboard bracket on stern rail.
- 3" diameter extendable whisker pole.
- Full set of blue canvas covers for all the pilot house windows and hatches.
- Full set of sunscreen window covers that filter out 60% of sun but still allow good visibility.
- Blue canvas pedestal wheel cover.
- Blue canvas winch covers.
- Blue canvas windlass cover.
- Sun awning for the cockpit, covering from mid-boom position aft to the backstay, with pvc battens.
- Total boat awning.
- Misc. fenders and braided docklines.
- Deck Construction
- Built at the Ta Shing Yard, the Panda has a solid hand-laminated fiberglass hull. The deck and pilothouse are fiberglass with end-grain wood sandwich coring. The hull and deck house are "Colonial Ivory." The cove stripe and boot stripe are "Endeavour Blue." The bottom paint is blue Interlux CSC anti-fouling (2004).
- WHISPER has teak decks and teak decking on top of the forward cabin top. The decks and decking are in excellent condition. There is also molded non-skid on the top of the pilothouse. Teak decking overlay on cockpit seats with teak staving inside the cockpit coaming. The keel is one-piece internal, glassed-over cast iron ballast.
- All deck hardware is through bolted with stainless steel backing plates. Her bulwarks are teak. The pilothouse windows are tempered 10mm thick glass. All pilothouse windows have been bedded and sealed with new teak frames, screwed from the inside. She has a custom opening side window at inside steering station.
- The vessel has pedestal steering in the cockpit (chain/wire to quadrant) and the wheel steering in the pilothouse goes to a second quadrant. She is also equipped with a Hydrovane self-steering windvane with separate rudder usable as an emergency rudder.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.